Hi I’m Steph, and I’m thrilled you’re visiting Credible Feast because that means you are curious about ditching your supplements and replacing them with nutritious, delicious food, the healthier, safer alternative! You’re here because, like me, you want to learn how supplements might be harming, NOT helping, you and about how getting your vitamins, minerals, and protein from food, instead of highly processed products, is truly the way to go!
Supplement companies and wellness advocates sell pills and potions they claim have the answers to health and longevity. These companies do a great job of making us believe that without them we’re missing something. They try to make us think that good food just is not enough. But it’s not true! You CAN get EVERYTHING you need WITHOUT a multivitamin, protein powder, or the newest miracle potion. Don’t spend a decade of your life falling for their marketing ploys like I did and join the 90-day No Supplement Challenge. Whether you want to improve your health, or simply want to stop wasting money on expensive vitamins and protein powders, things that might be doing more harm than good, then you are definitely in the right place!
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- The Rules. Cutting out synthetic chemicals, ahem, vitamins, isn’t as cut and dry as you might think. Fortified foods are everywhere, and what you’ll find in them is startling, just more highly processed synthetic vitamins you probably don’t need! Visit The Rules page for information on what you won’t be consuming for the 90-Day No Supplement Challenge.
- What food has that Vitamins/supplements do not. The 90-Day No Supplement Challenge is meant to show you that YES you CAN throw that multi-vitamin right into the trash and eat your nutrients instead, reaping the benefits of fiber, phytochemicals, and other active compounds that you just won’t get from a synthesized vitamin. Read more about this here.
- Pantry Overhaul. Before you start, it might be a good idea to do a pantry overhaul like I did. Here’s what helped me clean out my cabinets and make way for more nutrient dense food. (link to pantry post)
- What do you need? Who came up with the Recommended Daily Allowance of vitamins anway!? Read about what the body really needs and how the RDA might be wrong here (link to research about the RDA).
- Make your meals your multi-vitamin. Most unprocessed foods in their pure form ARE super foods! Read a sample about what foods contain what vitamins here (link to list of foods).
- The top 10-reasons to ditch your supplements. In preparation for the 90-day No Supplement challenge I’ve been researching the pros and cons for supplement use extensively. In my opinion, the cons FAR outweigh the pros when it comes to supplement use. Read what I’ve found here (link to post).
- Sign-up. Join in or follow along as my family and I complete the 90-Day No Supplement challenge. Our goal is to get as many of the essential vitamins that we need from our food every day. Paying attention to what you eat, and the nutrients you’re getting, may take a little extra time, but we’ll be doing it with you and offering tips and guides as we go along.
If you made it this far, I hope you’re getting excited. You too can free yourself from marketing mumbo jumbo and be healthier NOW with food alone. Let’s make our meal our multi-vitamin together!